I take random notes all the time. To-do lists, reminder lists, boys' growth updates, something I hear on the radio or something I read. The problem with taking those notes is that I dont have an organized way to track, store or follow up on them. Then days, months and sometimes even years later, I find them. Not dated, no context, just a note about something.
Today I came across the below. I have no idea when it was written or who came up with it, but I thought it was cute and wanted to somehow preserve it.
On a hot sunny day, Lukas asked if he could go outside.
"Ma, can I go outside?"
"Yes, but first, let's put some sunscreen on."
...
Lukas went oustide. He wished he could just kick the sun!
That night, when he went to bed, he did just that. As soon as he closed his eyes and slowly drifted into the kindgdom of dreams, he found himself in front of the sun. He kicked it once. He kicked it twice. He kicked and kicked until the sun shattered into a million fuzzy balls. Those balls surrounded all the planets and it was now sunny all the time.